It's the first styler to apply on freshly washed hair. A great leave-in will help you achieve many things:
- Tame frizz
- Smooth curls
Best Leave-in Conditioner for Curly Hair
Inahsi Aloe Hibiscus Detangler: The water and aloe Vera juice moisturizes, the panthenol along with the rich oils of avocado and coconut help to strengthen the hair while the Ayurvedic herbal blend of hibiscus and marshmallow root not only provides slip for pesky knots but they help to make the hair soft, supple and sleek.
Flora Curl Detangler (PROTEIN-FREE), can be used by itself, adds shine too)
Curly Ellie (mild-protein, doubles as a curl cream - so, better definition! Needs a gel over it, though)
Jessicurl "Too Shea" Conditioner (mild protein, but super moisturising) Although it is only a "conditioner" the brand recommends is as styler also. You can use it after you rinse out your shampoo/cowash/deep conditioner, do a little "squish to condish" and leave it in for extra moisture, all day! Remember, a little goes a long way with this goodie
Jim+Henry EIGHT: (PROTEIN-FREE) Rich in Shea butter to soften and hydrate and Rosemary essential oil to protect and nourish thick textures. Works great for DRY refresh also! Just take a little and smoothen/twirl on dry hair to refresh on non-wash days.
Cachos Brazil Combing Creme - (PROTEIN-FREE) It's a deep moisturizer, also doubles as a curl cream to help you enhance your curl pattern and get better curl clumps! This lightweight crème provides plenty of slip and curl definition while conditioning and protecting the hair from weather damage and frizz.
Rio Mist - (PROTEIN-FREE) It tames frizz, flyaways and melts away tangles easily. The result is shiny, hydrated, well-conditioned and protected hair.
Curly Girl Movement - (PROTEIN-FREE) This Curl Styling Milk nourishes, defines and detangles the hair. It has no silicones, mineral oil and parabens! Avocado oil and pomegranate seed oil nourishes the hair without weighing it down.
Best Leave-in Conditioner for Wavy Hair
- Curly Ellie (make sure to apply ear-below and twirl sections to define your waves)
- Rio Mist - This lightweight leave-in conditioner offers superior conditioning, protection and softness.
- Jim+Henry EIGHT: Wavy hair thrives with creams and this one is very light. You can use it on dry hair also to get immediate definition without having to wet or rewash your hair!
Best Leave-in Conditioner for Kids
- Curly Ellie: Don’t have to follow up with a gel, unless you want better defintion. Depends on texture.
- Jim+Henry EIGHT: The super clean ingredients make is especially suitable for all children above the age of 1yr! Make sure to use this leavein to nourish and define your bub's thick texture. Using a gel after is optional.